Friday, August 2, 2013

Savages and Thank You NPR Music and KCRW.

The joy of blogging here at Violet Femmes is discovering all the new great music out there.
I recently started really focusing on creating a following for the blog via my Violet Femmes facebook page and also via my twitter account of the same name. I encourage you to go follow and like these pages if you enjoy the music and information I post there.

Twitter brought me to Savages. NPR had a feature of them performing in the KCRW studio and this  video is intense.
 
 It was recorded on August 1, 2013, and on their site they describe how "The British post-punk band recently brought its intense live show to the studios of KCRW's Morning Becomes Eclectic. Watch the group tear through a vicious version of its song "She Will.""

Savages are from London and are Jehnny Beth (vocals), her real name is Camille Berthomier and she was previously part of the French indie rock duo John & Jehn.  Gemma Thompson is on guitar, Ayse Hassan on bass and Fay Milton is the drummer.


You can like them on their facebook page.

This photo is by French photographer Richard Dumas.
 
I hope you enjoyed them as much as I did. Thank you NPR.

No comments: